Ticket prices:

Normal – 3,40 PLN

Student – 1,70 PLN (requires student or PhD student ID Card)

City Card (public transport card):

How to get to the Nencki Institute from Chopin International Airport?

Bus no. 188 from station „Lotnisko-Chopina Przyloty 02” to station „Banacha-Szpital 02” (from 4:48 am till 11:18 pm).


Tele taxi -> +48/22 19627

Sawa taxi -> +48/22 644 44 44

Ele taxi -> +48/22 811 11 11

Eco taxi -> +48/22 644 22 22


01.01 – New Year

06.01 – Epiphany

Easter – Sunday between 22nd of March and 25th of April ( 01.04 in 2018)

Easter Monday (Wet Monday) – Monday between 23rd of March and 26th of April (02.04 in 2018)

01.05 – Labour Day

03.05 – Feast of the Constitution

Pentecost/Whit (Exile of the Holy Spirit) – 49 days after Easter (20.05 in 2018)

Celebration of the Saint Body and Blood of Jesus Christ - Thursday in May/June (31.05 in 2018)

15.08 - Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary

01.11 – All Saints Day

11.11 – Independence Day

25.12 – 1st day of Christmas

26.12 – 2nd day of Christmas




Some examples of average prices per month:

  • Rent in a shared flat (or dormitory) - EUR 80-150
  • Rent in a small apartement – EUR 360-500
  • Transportation (public transport in big cities) - EUR 15-20
  • Telephone/mobile, Internet, TV – EUR 12- 75

More informations:



  1. Warsaw Old Town with it’s beautiful Royal Castle:
  2. Palace of Culture and Science:
  3. Museum of King Jan III’s Palace at Wilanów:
  4. Łazienki Królewskie Gardens:
  5. The Warsaw Rising Museum:
  6. Copernicus Science Center:
  7. ZOO (Zoological Garden):
  8. Kampinos National Park:,
  9. The Museum of Warsaw:
  10. National Stadium:
  11. University of Warsaw Botanic Garden:



Residence, work permition etc:

All useful informations:

Study in Poland:

Additional information for foreigners:

PhD Students



Citizens of the European Union enter Poland without a visa and can stay within the territory of Poland without legalizing their stay for 3 months. If this period exceeds 3 months, one must apply for registration of stay.

Citizens of countries not being members of the European Union, before coming to Poland, should obtain a visa in the consulate of the Polish Embassy in their country. In order to prolong the stay within the territory of Poland, one should apply for a temporary residence card 45 days before the validity period of the visa expires.




Health care services can be used by foreigners from members states of the EU or member states of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area, provided that they have a valid European Health Insurance Card, issued in the country of their origin.

Foreigners from countries not being members of the EU or member states of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) – parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area, can conclude a voluntary health insurance contract with the National Health Fund (Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia).


Prof. dr hab. Daniel K. Wójcik
Head of the PhD Studies

Prof. Daniel K. Wójcik


PhD Studies Office
mgr Karolina Wysowska, mgr Diana Szymańska
tel: +48 22 5892554

Projects Conferences